I want to tell you about my Christmas gifts. In years past I would have written proudly about the jewellery, electronics, clothing and perfume I received as gifts. I saw them as the signs that people loved and cared for me. Today, I am opening my gifts simply by acknowledging my life with gratitude.
I have an amazing family. Today I celebrate the joy of my family. The family Christmas ritual and tradition will be upheld in our shared experience. There will be a simple sharing of gifts, a delicious traditional meal and a lazy afternoon of conversation, eating and drinking. The obligatory nap will also feature.
From this year's Santa sack I say thanks for:
- The freedom I have to enjoy career, religion and political preferences; the freedom to safely live, work and visit wherever I wish.
- The preciousness of the gift of good health that has enabled me to experience so many of life's joys.
- Financial stability that has allowed me the pleasures of a home, a car and travel. I have been able to provide these gifts for my children, never wondering how I could afford to feed, clothe or educate them.
- The blessing of beautiful children, supportive parents, loving siblings. And now, there is the additional gift of a growing family tree. New partners enrich our family and share their own gifts with us all.
- I treasure the many friends who share my life. Their unfailing support and their companionship brings joy and humour to my day and allows the sharing of so many fun activities.
- My family and friends, backed up by an additional support crew provides the right dose of 'you can' when I begin to doubt myself. I am so blessed to enjoy the support of an amazing doctor, psychologist, coach and physiotherapist.
- All around me I am supported and blessed by those I see in the day to day; my wonderful colleagues who share their knowledge, skills and passion for children and education. My beautician provides an awesome facial but beyond that she teaches me more about myself, expands my cultural awareness and shares her deep inner wisdom. There are so many others who, through their gifts of humour, wisdom and service bring greater pleasure to my day.
- My growing faith, not just in a religious sense but also my faith in myself and my life; that it is unfolding the way it should and that I am safe and protected.
I give thanks for the abundant blessings I have received. My Santa sack is overflowing!