8:00 Turn off electronics
8:15 Tidy up
8:30 Brush teeth, remove make-up
- I allowed 15 mins to switch off electronics so that I don't have to switch off in the middle of reading an article or sending an email. However, I have been very conscious of the 8:00 switch off and have managed to do this fairly punctually and at latest by 8:07pm. There was one exception, though.....
- I've been quite surprised how much de-cluttering can be achieved in 15 minutes of focussed tidying.
- It doesn't take 15mins to do teeth and make-up but it feels good to be a little ahead of schedule and I can then give more time to stretches and meditation
- I love the reading time!
- I have switched off the light each night by 10pm.
- I am gradually feeling better (but it wasn't until Day 5 that I noticed any benefit and I still have a way to go. This will take time.)
- Switching off the light at 10:00pm; I want to listen to the wants of my mind and keep reading, writing, doing.
- At the beginning of the week I found it difficult to get to sleep. This was very frustrating! My body was used to going to sleep about midnight and sleeping later in the morning. To help change this routine I set my alarm each morning. I spent a few days feeling really tired and lethargic. It is starting to get easier now, however, my sleep quality is still not as good as I would like.
- I could hear my email 'ping' from the kitchen and I had to fight the temptation to check my messages.
- The phone. I find it hard to resist answering calls that come in after 8:00pm.
- On Friday night I was engaged in a Skype call with my brother and sister-in-law. It's not often that I get to chat to them both and keeping in contact with them is very important to me. I saw the 8:00 time approaching but the conversation was not yet finished. I decided to continue with the conversation, omit the tidy up and reduce my reading time. The conversation left me feeling happy and content and the small tidy-up could be caught up on Saturday. I still switched off the light at 10pm.
- Happy with the week, proud of my commitment and will continue with both the sleep goal and routine, unmodified.
- Need to be more organised with my meal planning so I can eat earlier at night, ensuring optimal digestion before bed.