1. The recipient of this Year's Brownlow Medal, Matt Priddis from West Coast Eagles.
- His exceptional determination and hard work on the field. His pursuit of excellence.
- His award is for best and fairest. What does this mean?
- His acceptance speech highlighted his genuine humility, sincerity and respect for past recipients and team mates, the ongoing support of his parents and love for his wife and daughter.
- Priddis missed three national drafts before being selected by West Coast Eagles. He had a dream to play at the highest level. He dealt with his disappointment and passionately worked towards the realisation of his dream. What a brilliant example of resilience and persistence!
- Priddis left Melbourne the next morning to return to his family in WA. What does this show of his values?
- What is a role model? Is Priddis a role model?
2. The recipient of this year's Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award, Beau Waters from West Coast Eagles.
- Waters' commitment of time and effort over many years to several projects to benefit cancer patients and vulnerable youth. His actions show care, compassion and responsibility.
- This award allows Waters to nominate a charity to receive a gift of $20,000. What charity will be the beneficiary of this money?
- Waters has dealt with significant injury throughout his career. He has dealt with his disappointment and worked pro-actively to overcome injury as well as share his time with others in the community. Again, an example of resilience and persistence.
- What is a role model? Is Waters a role model?